These cookies are divine! They have a nice crunch on the outside from being rolled in sugar, and the insides are chewy and soft. You can also add choc chips if you like.
Recipe adapted from: Everyday Home Cook
250g peanut butter (I used smooth)
185g white sugar
95g brown sugar
1 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
3/4 tsp bicarb soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
Additional white sugar for coating the cookies
1. Preheat the oven to 175 C (350 F).
2. Beat the butter and peanut butter until light and fluffy.
3. Add the white sugar and brown sugar, beat until combined.
4. Add the egg, milk and vanilla, beat until smooth.
5. Finally, add the flour, bicarb and baking powder and mix until combined.
6. Create balls of dough a bit larger than a tablespoon and roll them in white sugar.
7. Place the dough on baking trays covered with baking paper, spacing them out as they do spread.
8. Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, until lightly golden - make sure not to overbake as these biscuits should be soft.
9. Let the cookies cool on the tray for a few minutes then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.