June 6, 2015

Decadent Chocolate Biscuits at Savour School

Hello all!




Last weekend I took the Decadent Chocolate Biscuits class at Savour Chocolate & Patisserie School - 'decadent chocolate biscuits' only scratches the surface of the amazing desserts I learnt how to make! The class was instructed by Paul Kennedy and together we learnt 5 recipes and lots of new skills including tempering chocolate, dipping, breton biscuits and fruit marshmallow.

This is the 'Almohada', a lemon crumble biscuit base with blackberry jam, pistachio praline and blackberry marshmallow - all dipped in chocolate.  When I first saw the recipe and the combination of flavours, I was a bit dubious; but everything came together and turned out to be absolutely delicious!  Using real fruit puree in the marshmallow made for wonderful taste.




This is the 'Drunken Raisin'; gianduja, hazelnut crunch, chocolate sponge and rum-soaked raisins in a bar shape.  It's finished by being dipped in chocolate and brushed with copper lustre dust.


I'm a sucker for gianduja and hazelnut praline paste!  (And the lustre dust was so much fun to play with...)



Next is the 'Menta', a shortbread base with mint-infused caramel and mint ganache.



I'm so glad that I learned how to make nice, chewy caramel.



These are the 'Circle Your Wagons' - coconut jelly and pineapple and ginger marshmallow sandwiched between gingerbread biscuits.



So delicious!  The pineapple and ginger flavour was so beautiful!



Finally, the 'Pacana', the simplest of the desserts!  They have a pecan breton base with caramel and a toasted pecan, dipped in chocolate.



I'm so glad I was able to attend the class, I had so much fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment