May 10, 2013

Cookie Dough Ice Cream


When I first tried Ben & Jerry's ice cream, I was immediately drawn to the Choc Chip Cookie Dough flavour because cookie dough is one of my favourite things.  Personally, I felt that Ben & Jerry's version didn't have nearly enough cookie dough and I dislike having chocolate chips in ice cream.  So I decided to make my own version.

To make Cookie Dough Ice Cream at home, all you need is this cookie recipe without the bicarb soda (you can use chocolate chips or leave them out, your pick!) and a tub of vanilla ice cream.

Method
1. Leave your ice cream out of the freezer so that it goes soft and a bit runny.

2. Meanwhile, make your cookie dough.

3. Roll the dough into balls of whatever size you'd like (I usually make a variety of sizes, but not bigger than a tablespoon) and put them in the freezer to harden.

4. Pour the ice cream into the bowl of your electric mixer.  You can mix by hand, but I prefer to use my Kitchenaid with the K beater attachment so I get flecks of cookie dough throughout the ice cream.

5. With the mixer on slow, throw the frozen cookie dough in a few at a time until all of them are incorporated.

6. Pour the finished ice cream into a container, making sure that the cookie dough balls are evenly dispersed throughout.

7. Leave to set in the freezer.



8. Consume with joy.






No comments:

Post a Comment